7 Verses Proved True in my Experience
Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times.
1) Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
I believe this was the verse illumined to my soul on the night of my regeneration when I was a college freshmen, anxious about career decisions and whether a philosophy major could ever make any money.
2) Proverbs 2:4-5,10 If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God…. For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
3) Isaiah 54:3 For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left. And your descendants will possess nations And will resettle the desolate cities.
I believe the Lord impressed this verse upon me during a prayer retreat with a friend in May 1989. This is verse is part of the heritage of the servants of the Lord, says 54:17. So you can claim it too. I keep praying that God will send out my descendants, physical and spiritual, to be a part of urban church planting movements among unreached people groups.
4) Ephesians 5:28 He who loves his wife loves himself.
Love your wife, it’s good for you.
5) Psalm 16:4 The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods.
Yup, that’s true.
6) Psalm 127:3-5 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
I got five kids. It was hard. But the blessing is bigger than the burden. Notice from the psalm that the blessing comes later.
7) Titus 2:7-8 In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
When I was a nervous 26 yr old pastor, God impressed this verse upon me. I came to believe that if I just brought my A-game in the pulpit, they’d forgive me for a lot of other foolishness. They did.